You can search for a key word in our fitness tips and articles by using the search box below.
Health and Fitness Tips
Increase Your Fat-Burning
Increase your body's internal fire with these 5 tips for getting lean. These tips can be incorporated into your 24-hours-a-day, rush-and-go lifestyle. Best of all, the more of these you employ, the better your results.
1. Walk or ride your bike. Life is stressful enough without having to fight traffic or find a parking spot. So the next time you need milk from the grocery store, ride or walk - you will burn calories.
2. Use the stairs. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. To really put a burn in your quads, glutes and calves, try sprinting upstairs as quickly (and as safely) as you can. You can even make this a mini cardio workout. Think how many times you go up and down the elevator at the office, home, or health club - take the stairs.
3. Enroll in a fitness class. Look for classes in weightlifting, aerobics, swimming, racquetball and/or tennis. It is great for improving your fitness and allows you to meet new people with similar interests.
4. Set aside 30-60 minutes three times a week for weight training. Muscle is the key to fat burning, to make sure your muscles grow and push your metabolism to its peak, you must weight train and do aerobic exercise. The greater your intensity, the better your metabolic results. If you are just starting out, keep your intensity levels low and progressively increase as you go. Remember, if you can teach yourself to schedule time for exercise, you will make it a priority in your life.
5. Learn how to dance. Partying and nightclubs are part of our culture and regardless of your taste in music - techno, hip-hop, country, rock or even polka - spending quality time out on the dance floor can often prove harder than any aerobics class (not to mention extremely beneficial to your social life).
Taking daily activities and turning them into fat-burning opportunities will help your waistline and could improve your social life.
Rick Gusler is a certified personal trainer and diet nutritionist who serves his clients through Gusler Body Sculpting Fitness Center in central Denver. To schedule a free consultation, or to learn more about the Gusler method of body sculpting, spin yoga, or Rick's Boot Camp, please contact him at 303.860.7131 or online at www.guslerbodysculpting.com.
Gusler Body Sculpting Fitness Center, LLC
459 Acoma Street · Denver, Colorado 80204 · 303-860-7131
Hours: Monday-Friday: 6am-8pm · Saturday: Closed · Sunday: Closed
Copyright © 2001-2021 Gusler Body Sculpting Fitness Center, LLC
Web page design and hosting by Appaloosa