You can search for a key word in our fitness tips and articles by using the search box below.
Health and Fitness Tips
The How and Why to Sleep
Most of the really important muscle-building work takes place behind the scenes, including sleep. Have you considered what getting a quality nights sleep can do for your workouts? Sleep is one of your most valuable tools for growth. Body sculptors may even require more than the average recommended eight hours a night.
During sleep your body is building muscle. However, millions of Americans who don't get enough sleep - you need to take a good look at just how much your sleep habits can affect your body's muscle-building potential.
Researchers in sleep disorders have provided several sleep-enhancing tips:
* Sleep as much as much as needed to feel refreshed during the following day (usually around eight hours). Sleeping too much is as detrimental as sleeping too little.
* Get up at the same time each day, seven days a week. (A regular wake-up time in the morning leads to regular times of sleep onset).
* A steady amount of activity during the day is conducive to sleeping well at night.
* Avoid alcohol in the evenings. Although it helps tense people fall asleep more easily, the second half of the night is disrupted. Evening alcohol consumption also increases snoring.
* Excessively warm rooms will disturb sleep; keep the room temperature at 65 - 70 degrees.
* Avoid caffeinated beverages in the evening. No coffee or tea after 6 p.m. - switch to decaffeinated soft drinks or water.
Sleep is one of the most essential building blocks to creating a body that is well-balanced, toned, and hopefully nutritionally balanced as well.
Rick Gusler is a certified personal trainer and diet nutritionist who serves his clients through Gusler Body Sculpting Fitness Center in central Denver. To schedule a free consultation, or to learn more about the Gusler method of body sculpting, spin yoga, or Rick's Boot Camp, please contact him at 303.860.7131 or online at www.guslerbodysculpting.com.
Gusler Body Sculpting Fitness Center, LLC
459 Acoma Street · Denver, Colorado 80204 · 303-860-7131
Hours: Monday-Friday: 7-12, 4-9 · Saturday: 7-12 · Sunday: Closed
Copyright © 2001-2019 Gusler Body Sculpting Fitness Center, LLC
Web page design and hosting by Appaloosa